Emergency Response Plan
- The document authorizes, delegates and provides the framework for Co-ordinated action in Emergency situations.
- This document will not prevent nor reduce the possibility of any emergency occurring. It will aid in providing a prompt and co-ordinated response, thereby reducing human suffering and loss or damage to property.
- The following is a partial list of potential emergencies that could befall the Town of Moosomin.
- Railroad Crash or Derailment – possibly involving dangerous goods.
- Highway Accident -involving multiple vehicles.
-involving dangerous goods.
- Tornado or severe wind storm.
- Severe snow or ice storm.
- Severe rain storm – causing extensive flooding and disruption of services.
- Major gas main break.
- Petrol/Diesel/Propane Tank Fire.
- Electric power blackout.
- Fire storm – Residential or Commercial fire fanned by high winds.
- Chemical contamination or spill.
- Nuclear mishap.
- Institutional Fire – eg. Hospital, special care home.
- The public must be informed about the Emergency Plan and educated as to Certain aspects (eg. Warning and Evacuation Procedures.)
Larry Tomlinson, Mayor
Town of Moosomin